Photo: John Raoux (AP) A man who, according to the officials, was a transport security representative, fell to his death on Saturday from the balcony of the Hyatt Regency Hotel at Orlando International Airport. The incident affected flights and resulted in hours of delays. The airport said just before 15 o'clock. The affected gate 70-129 had been reopened, but several flights were canceled and additional delays were "possible". The Orlando Police Department said on Twitter that the incident occurred at 9:30 am ET when a man in his forties "jumped". From the hotel to the atrium area of ​​the airport. He was reportedly taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead. The New York Times reported that the worker had finished his shift at the airport shortly before the incident. An investigation into the incident is ongoing, but the authorities said the incident appeared to be a suicide. The TSA confirmed that the man was a sales representative. "Our thoughts and prayers go to the family, to friends and to all members of our TSA family," the agency said in a statement shared by spokeswoman Jenny Burke.Hyatt Regency Orlando Bruce McDonald, Airport General Manager of the airport Gizmodo said via email that the hotel is cooperating with authorities in the investigation: "The safety of our guests and colleagues is a top priority," said McDonald. "We are saddened by the event that has happened at our hotel, and our thoughts are addressed to everyone affected by this terrible situation." Michael Bawol, who was alleged to be present when the officer jumped, told The New York Times that he initially believed The man who was on the "outer edge of the balcony" might have repaired something. "At that moment, he turned around and looked at the main hall, stretching his arms to one side and dropping," Bawol told the Times. TSA said that some passengers were screened again after the incident, "several passengers went into the sterile uncontrolled Area were deleted ". Trista Eaden, a passenger who was also present, told News 13 after hearing she had been called a "boom," TSA agents "just told us to run, just go through the screening." Eleven o'clock in the morning a video was shared on Twitter. A huge crowd was arrested, allegedly waiting for hours, but the Times reported that the operations had ceased. Orlando police advised those who suffered delays in contacting their airline directly because of the incident. This story is evolving and may be constantly updated.[New York Times]

Source link